Please post your atmospheric perspective painting responses to the module at https://coloranddesign.community.uaf.edu/07-hue-vs-value/ below.
Month: February 2020
07a: Hue, Value, and Saturation
Please post your hue responses to the module at https://coloranddesign.community.uaf.edu/07-hue-vs-value/ below.
06b: Subtraction of Color
Please post the subtraction of color portion of our module six assignment below. The module can be found online at https://coloranddesign.community.uaf.edu/06-reverse-ground-theory-color-subtraction/.
As always, please let me know if you have any questions. Both of these projects look simple at first glance, but it can really be quite a challenge to get the exact color combinations right to get the optical effects to happen successfully.
06a: Reverse Ground Theory
Please post your reverse ground theory portion of our module six assignment below. The module can be found online at https://coloranddesign.community.uaf.edu/06-reverse-ground-theory-color-subtraction/.
Please let me know if you have any questions. It can be hard to describe these particular projects succinctly online.
05b. Museum/Art Gallery Visit
Please post your photo of an analogous or contemporary painting from a recent museum or art gallery visit below. Please include the following information:
- Title of artwork.
- Artist’s name.
- Location viewed at.
- Why the piece an example of either analogous or complementary color harmony.
- Why you chose the piece. (What drew you to it.)
05. Analogous/Complementary Painting Challenge
Good evening! This week’s module was made public last night and can now be viewed at https://coloranddesign.community.uaf.edu/05-analogous-complementary-painting-challenge/.
Please note that this module has two submission components:
- Please post your color harmony of choice painting below as a comment on this post.
- Please also visit a local gallery or museum to upload an artwork you viewed as well. Those artworks from your gallery visits will be added to a different post thread to help avoid confusion about what is student work and what is from your site visit.
Have a great week!
04. Complementary Color Harmony
This week’s assignment is about complementary color harmony and instructions can be found at https://coloranddesign.community.uaf.edu/04-complementary-color-harmony/ .
Please posts your results in the comments below, and have a great week!